Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some tools just don't know how to behave

After working the orbital sander for a while on the laundry sorter, I began missing the sheer ferocity of the belt sander. The same belt sander who was still sitting outside the shop from where I banned it last week. Not expecting much, I brought it back inside, pulled the trigger and wouldn't you know the darn thing still worked. Now if I could figure out how to fix sheered drive.

I stared and stared, waiting for the answer. Suddenly, I figured it out! Drilling a small hole between the shaft and the wheel, I broke a small machine screw into it. Ha! Worked like a charm. All I had to do after that was change the paper and get to work.

On the last set of legs, the drive belt snapped in half!




Some tools just don't know how to behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are always welcome!