Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I think my movie watcher is broken

With all the nasty weather we had this weekend, I was able to talk my better half into renting a couple movies from the big red box in town.

Now, the name of these movies is unimportant, but what I realized is that everything I have watched lately has been recycled garbage. Now these movies make it big in the box office so I have to assume it's on my end.

Here are a few issues I had:

The stories are long, drawn out, and overly complicated. Every one was over 2 hours long, when did that become the norm? I can't even sit still for a 30 minute program.

What wasn't story was an over exaggerated action sequence. Wow! If a movie does something unseen in the action realm, every movie has to copy it extensively for the next 10 years. If your movie doesn't need matrix/300 style action scenes.. Don't use them, try focusing on a better story line.

I found the best part of the movies was keeping an eye on the background to study the furniture and architecture present in the film. With the bad story and boring action scenes, I had plenty of time to enjoy the finer points. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are always welcome!