Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wet and wonky

Nope, you're not reading that wrong, it's nearly the same post title as two days ago. Reason being today was nearly the same day as two days ago.

I started out today with big plans. First take up the floor I had previously put down on Monday, rip them to 10 inches using the sled I built yesterday, and then put everything back using shims to even things up.

That's when things started getting on my nerves.

I only put one nail per joist at this point, so pulling the floor up shouldn't be that difficult. (The plan is to lay them all and then backtrack to finish nailing.) I couldn't have been any more mistaken, after breaking a couple of the floor boards, I once again had a clean slate to work with.




I ripped the boards down and started putting them back down, installing shims when I could.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the whole time I am trying to do this, it's raining. Not one of those warm, hey-dummy-get-out-of-the-rain rains. Nope, it was one of those cold, just-enough-to-soak-you rains.

I kept pushing until I was back to the exact same stopping point I was on Monday and then called it. After a fire and a couple hot beverages, I am once again at peace.

I really shouldn't complain, it's the nature of working outside and I could be somewhere buried under 3 feet of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are always welcome!