Monday, April 13, 2020

Close the Gate!

As I mentioned earlier, a few of our goats are pregnant and will soon give birth.


These are all the females getting a greeting from Roger Collins, the alpha male, and only non-Nigerian Dwarf we own. 

While everyone was running around, I fixed the birthing pen gate, which meant installing hinges and welded wire to the open bits. 


I had these hinges in the workshop for a little while. I'm sure I had some purpose in mind when I bought them, but they will work well here. The gate is quite light. To install the hinges I only had to cut the rails in order to fit it in the frame. 


Leaving rails long on the other end, I use them to keep the gate closed with a simple latch. 


Here, the latches are shown holding the gate closed. 


Victoria Winters and Franny, now in the birthing pen, patiently waiting to have their babies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are always welcome!